The important thing to keep in mind when whipping cream
is that the working environment should be as cool as possible and the ingredients and the utensils used should be well chilled. See the tips below on Keeping It Cool!
- The cream should be kept in the coldest part of the refrigerator until just before using.
- The beaters and mixing bowl, or the wire whisk should be placed in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before whipping the cream.
- Place the mixing bowl in a larger bowl of ice water to keep the bowl chilled while whipping the cream.
- HOT WEATHER: Whip in an air-conditioned room. If you do not have air conditioning, whip in the coolest part of your house and be sure to have the mixing bowl sitting in a bowl of ice water.
- COLD WEATHER: Slightly open a window in the work area, preferably one where the cool air can blow in directly at the bowl containing the cream.