If the husks are not soaked sufficiently in water before they are placed on the grill they will burn too quickly and maybe even start a fire. Follow the steps below to grill sweet corn with the husks on
- Peel the husks back from the cob without removing it from the cob and remove the silk. A vegetable brush or a damp towel can be used to help remove the silk.
- Fold the husk back up around the cob and secure with kitchen twine tied around the cob in several places.
- Place the corn with husks in a pan of water and allow them to soak for 1 to 3 hours before placing on the grill. The longer it soaks the better.
- Grill the prepared corn directly over medium heat.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently. Corn will begin to steam when it is done.
- When done, the husks will be charred but the corn inside will be sweet and tender, and have a nice roasted flavor.