To clean corn on the cob before cooking you must shuck the husks from the sweet corn and remove the silk from the kernels. Remove the husks and silk as indicated in the information below.
- Peel all of the husks from the cob and completely remove them.
- Remove, by hand, the strands of silk that are on the cob.
- Break or cut off any remaining corn stalk from the cob.
- Remove the small strands of silk that are remaining on the kernels by wiping the cob down with a damp paper towel. The remaining silk will stick to the damp paper towel. This method protects the kernels from damage that might occur if other methods of removal are used.
- Now you are ready to cook the sweet corn using any method desired.