- Quickly chill wine by placing bottle in a bucket of ice water rather than in the freezer. Leave in ice water approximately 10 minutes.
- Chill sparkling wine in the refrigerator for at least four hours before serving. In a crunch, chill in ice water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To decant bottle-aged wine easily, insert an unbleached coffee filter into the neck of a glass pitcher and pour the wine through filter into decanter.
- Fill wine glasses slightly less than half full, allowing room for wine to breathe.
- A half bottle of wine per guest per hour is a safe estimate when entertaining.
- Always have non alcoholic beverages available.