A type of low grade olive oil that must be refined before it can be sold for human consumption. The oil is obtained from the residue that remains after the "first cold pressing." Up to 90% of the oil is obtained from the olives during the first cold pressing, but the remaining 10% is contained within the residue. The residue is shipped to refinery facilities that use heat and chemical processes to extract the oil from the olive residue. The level of acidity may not exceed 1.5% after the refining process. A small quantity of virgin olive oil may be added for flavor and color. Olive pomace oil is the lowest grade of olive oil approved for human consumption; however, it is not widely available to the consumer: It is most often used for commercial purposes.
Olive Pomace Oil Reviews
There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this term. Be the first!