Forums

Welcome to our online community. To post a message, you must be a registered user of RecipeTips.com. Log in to forums, or register.

Chutney Emergency- how long can it sit?

Chutney Emergency- how long can it sit?
Posted: 03/19/2012 3:14:21 PM
I was making tomato chutney yesterday and a fuse blew right after I added the sugar and vinegar. It was probably boiling when the fuse blew. I had to leave it overnight and it stayed warm. When I left the house this morning it was still warm. It has been sitting on the stove for about 9 hours, covered. Please tell me if I can reboil it and pick up where I left off when I get home! (the fuse was fixed while I was at work).
RecipeTips.com
Re:Chutney Emergency- how long can it sit?
Posted: 03/19/2012 4:07:47 PM
I do not think that I would trust it. It is better to be safe than sorry with this type of thing. I think it sat too long at an unsafe temperature. If you would have placed it in the refrigerator and stored it there until you could re-boil it I think you would have been OK. Sorry, I hate to see you have waste all the ingredients and your time but I would not want anyone to get sick from it either.

Recent Topics

homemade salted nut rolls

Can you freeze homemade salted nut rolls?
by Trudi
activity on 11/21/2017 12:41:54 PM

Rice Dish

Can i use Par-Boiled rice are do i have to use Reg. Rice for this recipe...Creole Shrimp Kebabs with...
by cajun555
activity on 11/11/2017 1:59:57 PM

rice salad with orange ginger dressing

can this be made the day before
by steveo
activity on 11/03/2017 12:01:31 PM

Round steak & gravy recipe

If I don't have any cream of mushroom soup on hand, can I use Golden Mushroom or cream of celery ins...
by bjhooks64
activity on 10/31/2017 3:01:34 PM

Help with unusual Waffle Recipe with Flax & Coconut Flour

My dad makes really great waffles. Unfortunately his recipe is not translating to my Belgian waffle iron well.
by FierceCritter
activity on 10/24/2017 12:13:54 AM

Nutrition

Do uou know what the nutrition is in this recipe?
by Dawna
activity on 09/23/2017 05:23:02 AM

FRUIT CAKE

This recipe can be used as a dessert, accompanying any of my previous recipes or simply as a small meal during the day.
by camrodri
activity on 09/23/2017 05:20:53 AM

Sopapillas

How would you add sourdough starter to them
by RTMember29092
activity on 09/18/2017 4:45:34 PM

Transporting cuisine to a gathering.

I am an entrepreneur, and one of my clients has a new patent pending product coming out in the near future.
by John Yager
activity on 09/07/2017 07:22:52 AM

emailing recipes

I'm trying to email a recipe and it's not working. I have registered, so I don't understand why I am unable to email.
by Peggy W.
activity on 08/27/2017 6:44:55 PM

Forums Reviews

There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this forums. Be the first!
E-mail: 
Advertisement
Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is strictly prohibited.
© Copyright 2017 Tecstra Systems, All Rights Reserved, RecipeTips.com