Forums

Welcome to our online community. To post a message, you must be a registered user of RecipeTips.com. Log in to forums, or register.

The Village Restaurants - Chicago

The Village Restaurants - Chicago
Posted: 08/05/2008 08:57:43 AM
When I was in downtown Chicago a few weeks ago, I ate at the Village Restaurants, which are actually three different Italian restaurants in one building and are the most famous Italian restaurants in Chicago. I had lunch at the La Cantina, which is on the lower level and is a popular lunchtime spot. Part of the dining area is like being in a wine cellar and another section (the part I was in), is like an underwater world with the walls lined with large aquariums full of tropical fish. I ordered the eggplant parmesan, which was the best I’ve ever eaten (and the price was quite reasonable, too). The staff was friendly and the service was outstanding. Next time I’m in Chicago, I’d like to try the other two restaurants in the complex: The actual Village Restaurant is located on the second floor and the Vivere is on the first floor, a very ornate gourmet Italian restaurant. If you’re ever in Chicago and want a terrific dining experience give this fantastic restaurant(s) a try.
flaminjo
Re:The Village Restaurants - Chicago
Posted: 11/05/2008 05:56:32 AM
what did you ate there? i have heard the italian joints there have some of the best garlic pastas available. is this true?

Recent Topics

Water??

The recipe calls for 1 cup of water. It says to add the poppy seeds to the water, then add the water to the mixture, then drain the poppy seeds.
by WeebleSue
activity on 04/23/2017 5:52:43 PM

Looking for budget juicers?

Hi guys, I've listed a bunch of cheap juicers here - http://bestcheaptech.com/best-cheap-juicer/ The products are ranked considering the performance and functions.
by marvello
activity on 04/17/2017 12:46:02 AM

Sharing recipes

If/how can i share a recipe?
by RTMember28686
activity on 04/11/2017 5:49:07 PM

SODIUM

Any ideas for low sodium options?
by cindyg
activity on 04/01/2017 10:06:02 PM

Asian Dip

Do you add the sauce to the layer while the sauce is still hot?
by jdrudik
activity on 02/11/2017 11:20:07 AM

roast chicken with vegetables - recipe

in the recipe it says to roast chicken for 2 hours. i am assuming you only have 5 pound bird. i have...
by john sagarian
activity on 01/28/2017 07:25:13 AM

Turkey recipe

Can you add a time frame on cooking time please.
by RTMember14743
activity on 01/07/2017 09:33:42 AM

can of mushroow sauce

anyone have guidance on what sixe? I'd guess more the better
by capiscumLover
activity on 12/28/2016 3:30:58 PM

When the recipe says cook chicken and shred.

How do you cook the chicken and shred when the recipe says cook the chicken and shred. When it says...
by klavier1
activity on 12/22/2016 2:28:15 PM

Final Outcome

I made these delicious Andes Mint cookies, but mine came out flatter than shown on the photo of the cookie.
by Ruby1959
activity on 12/21/2016 07:49:54 AM

Forums Reviews

There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this forums. Be the first!
E-mail: 
Advertisement
Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is strictly prohibited.
© Copyright 2017 Tecstra Systems, All Rights Reserved, RecipeTips.com